This colorful and practical gift basket makes a great butterfly gift for any gardener, teacher, butterfly enthusiast, photographer, friend, etc. The 3 seed packets contained in the set provide 100 seeds each and are grown as annuals. Sow the seeds in the spring for plants that will attract Black Swallowtails (Anise Swallowtails in the West) and Monarch Butterflies in particular but many other butterflies as well all summer.
The seed packets are:
- Parsley seeds (host-food plant for the Black or Anise Swallowtail caterpillars)
- Tropical milkweed seeds (a host plant for Monarchs and a nectar plant for many butterflies)
- Common Zinnia seeds, Mixed colors (flowers that provide plenty of nectar, attracting many different butterflies)
Also included in the basket is:
- The basket itself is a metal butterfly planter with a plastic liner.
- Three copper garden labels for your outdoor garden.
- A Monarch butterfly notepad (50 sheets) for your garden lists.
- All-natural herbal soap for cleaning up after gardening!
(Note: If you live in zones 8-11 where the tropical Milkweed will overwinter, it should be pulled up or cut back in the winter for the benefit of the Monarch butterfly migration and for their health.)